Friday, July 15, 2016

I'm Going to my First Political Convention



Ok, ok...I might not have a ticket to get in but I will be at a lot of the festivities starting Sunday for the GOP Convention. There are 1200 events that go on surrounding the Convention and not just the big Convention speeches. It's pretty much like any other Convention where you have lots of other smaller sessions of speakers, events, and venues going on at the same time. So I'll be one of the people hanging around those. I'll be finding any rallies, pro-life events, 2nd Amendment events, and Cruz events. I'm planning on attending a Cruz event on Wednesday afternoon. I'll be doing some live FB events so be looking for that on my FB page for my blog. 

I really prayed for several weeks about whether I should go. I've had mixed feelings as anyone that knows me should know that I'm a #NeverTrump person, and I don't foresee that changing unless Trump has a lobotomy and I will need to have ample proof of it happening!! You can find several other post on my blog to understand why I'm aptly in the #NeverTrump category. Oh don't worry, I'm just as much #NeverHillary as I don't vote for Hillary or her donors especially ones that give $100K to her corrupt Clinton Foundation. I've been a conservative my whole life since I was even in High School, and I've been a registered Republican that whole time. I have never wavered in voting & donating to candidates even when I've wavered on supporting the party. This might be my first and last Convention as a Republican though, as Trump won't ever represent me as a human. 

Well, now that you know where I stand I will try to bring lots of great, fun, informative, and enlightening information to you about the Convention as possible with as minimal bias as I can muster. I'm already doing better than MSM as I at least have told you upfront of my bias. You may wonder what brought me to this adventure? I was really praying about it and really thought we didn't have the provision for it right now. I really started praying that either God would put it out of my mind or would show me that He wants me to go. 

A couple of days ago another lady posted in a group that supported Ted Cruz that they would share a hotel room with another like-minded woman for free. Then a post came up just a few minutes later on my memories when I went to Austin to stand with pro-lifers for the HB2 bill, where I had given a detail account of everything that happened. One of my friends replied that I should be a reporter as my account of it felt like she was there. I felt like that is what God was calling me to do at the Convention, and it was a confirmation for me seeing that pop up at that very minute. 

I began praying about even asking my husband as I know he's the kind that needs to know all the details before he says yes. I tried to research as much as I could about who she was, where the hotel was, etc. Then I asked him if it was a good time to talk about something. This is key ladies as he has to be in the right mindset. I knew that it would depend on if we had enough frequent flyer miles, and other provision. So I just accepted that if that was not available it wouldn't be God's plan. Well, he said we had enough and he just wanted a little bit more information from the lady (Mary) about what her plans were, etc. Everything just fell into place as there was enough frequent flyer miles, provision in my account, his Dad said he wanted to help, and provision of the hotel. WOW, I love when we just release it to God and He always works it out for our good. 


So I'll be reporting as your eyes and ears at the Convention. My goal is to always bring glory and honor to God, get to share in a historical event, meet lots of wonderful new friends, and share as much as I can about all the activities of the Convention with all those who follow this blog! Here we go....


No comments:

Post a Comment